I was laying down in the dirt, Dehydrated, no water, 4kms from known source.


Repeating this phrase to myself ;

"you've done it this time simon, You've really gone and done it this time"

21.2.09

OFF ROAD.

All the days of this week have rolled in to one. The week started by going to the Hospital to get my feet looked at. They were fine, just a bit red. So they put some fresh bandages on and off I went.

Tuesday I went to Perth zoo so I could see some kangaroos and all the other creatures found in Australia. I could have spent all day watching all the animals. Some were great to watch.


On Wednesday I went hunting for a new car. I purchased the local paper and searched all the pages until I came across a 24 year old 4x4 Toyota for $2000 (£900). I had to get the train to the suburbs of Perth to check it out. We took it on a test drive and popped the bonnet, Kicked the tyres and folded the seats. Then after a Subway and a little think I decided to go for it. So now I own a 4x4 :-)


I drove it back to the hostel and had Paul who is a mechanic by trade have a look at it to make sure I hadn’t made a mistake, but he gave me the thumbs up and said it was a very good purchase. That evening it was time to head of to the beach to watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean. All I can say is that it was an amazing sight.

The next day I hit the shops and purchased all the camping gear I needed, Gas stove, tent, sleeping bag, kettle, shovel etc etc. So my wallet is lighter now but I have everything I need to get around the country. But I will be heading off to the east soon to look for some farm work to boost my saving back up.

Today a few of us went too do some off road driving in Kalamunda Park. My first time off road was wicked. Although the power steering decided to leek at the end of the trail, So it was to the garage to top it up. It appears the lid was loose and as we were bumping about it was spilling out everywhere. Although it will be having a check over in the morning to make sure it’s not a leek. The views from Kalamunda Park are amazing, but unfortunately I had forgotten my camera, so all we had were our camera phones. So we couldn’t take many great pictures.


So I’m back at the hostel now and researching for a job in the east. Just to let you all know that the updates might become less frequent at it will be harder to get internet access as I move away from the city. So don’t panic if you don’t see any messages for a while.