I was laying down in the dirt, Dehydrated, no water, 4kms from known source.


Repeating this phrase to myself ;

"you've done it this time simon, You've really gone and done it this time"

7.2.09

UK - PERTH (via Hong Kong)

So here I am, PERTH, AUSTRALIA. :-) My dream has come true. Although I'm lucky to be here by the sounds of it. The BA flight from Heathrow was delayed as they had to prep the runway for the snow, And from what I hear it really snowed.


I departed at 9.30 from Heathrow after a farewell from the family. 11 hours later I arrived in Hong Kong with just enough time to have a quick look round. And what an amazing city to visit. When your looking for a Chinese restaurant in England its easy. You look for a Chinese symbol sign and the chance is very high that it will be a Chinese takeaway. But this rule does not apply to Hong Kong. All the signs are in Chinese. After a couple of hours walking the streets it was time to return to the airport and board my second flight.


After very little sleep and a lot of walking I was looking forward to a 7hr flight to close my eyes and get some sleep. But unfortunately I was sat next to a very nice but very chatty Chinese girl. As soon as the convocation stopped and I closed my eyes she would pipe up with another question. I tried to be rude and put my headphones on to show her I wasn’t interested in chatting. But that failed.


But anyways, 7hrs later I arrived in Perth Australia with a very big smile on my face.The customs check despite being thorough was very fast and within minuets of landing I was in the taxi on my way to the Hostel.


While I was still buzzing with excitement, I went into the city to get my new phone (e-mail me for the number) and set up my bank account. Once that was done I went back to the hostel to hit the pillow.


So far the Hostel is amazing, Perth is great and Australia is very hot.