I was laying down in the dirt, Dehydrated, no water, 4kms from known source.


Repeating this phrase to myself ;

"you've done it this time simon, You've really gone and done it this time"

7.5.09

Simon Attenborough becomes pyromaniac

This week has been all about birth, life and destruction. So we will start this blog from the beginning…

BIRTH

Calving has gone very well this year with 100% success so far. But yesterday almost saw the first casualty as a cow named “green 5” was found to be having problems. So after much fun separating her from the herd, she was walked back to the sheds for Gary and Noel to assist. So enjoy this video of “green 5” giving birth to “TBA”.


Lambing is having a few casualties for many reasons. So the ewes that struggle are taken back to the sheds to have their lambs. Some of the ewes have been having twins and therefore have been rejecting one of their lambs. Here’s Gary taking one of the twins back to its mother.

LIFE

I have been busy taking pictures of some of the wildlife that is seen most days in south western Australia.

This is a Huntsman spider. He’s a goody. Absolutely harmless. But huge for a spider.

This is a ???, I’m not sure what they are called but they are huge ants. And I’ve been told that if they bite, you would know about it. And I’m not surprised looking at it.

Parrots are plentiful here. Every morning I see them outside my window sitting on a fence.


Kangaroos are also all over the place. But they are always bouncing away, so getting photos are very difficult. Especially as they always sit in the shade and blend in.

(click on the photo to enlarge)

DESTRUCTION

This mouse had somehow found itself in my bath. I have no idea how It could of climbed in. I couldn't bring myself to squash it, so I put him in an ice-cream container with some lettuce over night. Sadly he didn’t make it into the morning. Obviously mice don’t like lettuce. RIP Bath mouse!


Remember a few Blogs back I was pushing logs and sticks into a piles? Well now the fire ban has been lifted, it’s time to destroy them.



And then its Fireman Gary’s job to stop them spreading.