I was laying down in the dirt, Dehydrated, no water, 4kms from known source.


Repeating this phrase to myself ;

"you've done it this time simon, You've really gone and done it this time"

7.5.10

A SHORT UPDATE

I've now been in Edinburgh for over a week. I have been lucky enough to find some work and have made some new friends. I have even been pushing my cooking skills to the limit and have been surviving with a budget of £12 a day!

I arrived in Edinburgh with a bad knee and headed to a hostel in Cramond. £5 a night! But its miles from the city center. No problem for me as i have a bike and like the excuse to use it. Its not a bad Hostel, I get free WiFi and B'fast. The problem is i have to share my room with 7 others and the odd coach load of school kids running around at midnight keeping everyone awake.

The first weekend in Edinburgh I met up with a fellow Couchsurfer who had also returned from travels and is looking for work. We had great chat while walking around the city and finished with a coffee. The next day I met with another Couchsurfer who took me on a 40mile cycle ride around the Pentlands.

I managed to get some work!!! luckily an old manager and friend had some work available. So for the past week I have been occupied with earning some much needed money. But i still had time to make it to the pub on Wednesday for some drinks at a couchsurfing meet. Bonus!!

I now have a couple of weeks work based from Edinburgh before i have to worry about what to do next. For now I'm just visiting the sights and enjoying my favourite city.

Oh and the food. I'm on a very small budget, so its reduced price food for me. This usually involves pizza basses with tinned toppings. Its becoming a bit of a Hobie. So far haggis pizza it the best with chilly con carnie pizza following closely behind.

My daily budget it going well and looks something like this.
£6 for bed and b'fast
£3 for food and drink
£3 for misc stuff E.g. washing, books or shampoo.

So thats my update for now.

But why am I telling you this, I'm home rite!
wrong, I'm travelling, but very close to home :)